New Member from Nebraska

J and A Hopeful Acres

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A- Short answer No. It has been a LONG while. When I was a kid I was raised by my Great Grandparents and they had loads of chickens, however I was very young and never really paid attention. I am now a mother, homesteader, and grandmother myself and NEED to know more. I am like a sponge at this point.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
A- A LOT. 30 I think is what we last counted, if they stand still long enough, and we are counting correct LOL.
(3) What breeds do you have?
A- Leghorns, Buff Brahmas, Cuckoo Marans, Dominiques, Golden Wyandotte, 2 Unknown (one of the unknown we are pretty sure is a Dark Brahamas or a Cochin)
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
A- Short answer Eggs. But I think that chickens are so smart and I LOVE going outside if I have had a bad pain day (I am also a chronic pain patient) and just sitting out in the run with them and telling them all about it, they don't judge me, they don't care that I am bawling my head off, they are extremely social animals.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
A- I craft,embroder, knit, crochet, take care of my grandkids, these are just a few.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
A- I am 43, I have been married for 25 years to my best friend, I have 5 children, 3 girls 2 boys. Thier ages range from 25-13. My oldest son will graduate the end of June and then be headed to boot camp for the Marine's. I have a very spoiled dog (Sabastion) 2 cats (Gohlem, Cottenball) and 6 fish. I am a You Tuber ( J & A Hopeful Acres ) very new and I take care of my mom. That is really all there is to know about me. I am really an open book, want to know something just ask.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A-My husband showed me and told me to join. I have been asking him a lot of wuestions mainly the ones I just do not rememeber and he said " You just ned to go to this forum and sign up becasue they are great and they know a LOT " so here you have me take me or leave me. LOL
I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum I want to be like a sponge and just soak it all up. In the near future I would really LOVE to get some meat chickens and learn how to harvest them.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and get to know me.
Amy.

Back
Top Bottom