New member from NH

jsayles86

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2011
Danville, NH
I was a member some time ago when I lived in Danville, NH. Now in Brookline, NH, I am still raising chickens.
right now I have 9 chickens; 8 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster was an accident (dark those commercial chick sewers), but a beautiful one. He is a Jubilee Orpington. I also have his mate.
Right now I have Jubilee Orpingtons, Welsummers, Wyandotte(1), Americana(1) and 3 Belfielders (sp?, the “Uber” chicken)

I like watching the chickens walk through the yard pecking at the earth. I find it veery relaxing. I particularly like raising them from chicks. We try to make them as friendly as possible by spending time with the chicks. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I spend my spare time doing various things for our church, baking and playing guitar.

I live with my husband of 50 years and one PW Corgi. We are both retired. We have owned corgis for about 20 years, 4 in all. We have one daughter, a Korean adoptee. She now lives with her husband on Cape Cod, where we lived for 11 years. We have a new grandson, a grand dog, and my daughter also raises chickens. We own a rambling antique (@1800) cape in Brookline, NH. My husband and a friend built the shed/coop/run as soon as we moved in.

As I mentioned, I joined BYC some years ago. I came across the website while searching the web. I joined BYC initially because I knew NOTHING about chickens and needed all the help I could get!

Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/new-member-introductions.44/create-thread
AB55C23D-41AF-4AAD-8B7D-76435C5E5598.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom