New Member from Oroville, CA

thedollysmama

Songster
9 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Oroville, CA
Hi!
I am a life long poultry owner (with a few very short lapses when I was in college) from the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I live outside of the gold rush town of Oroville and have a small flock of Seramas, banty Orpingtons, and mixed yard chickens. I have trouble with a bobcat picking off my chickens as well as a pair of hawks. I am getting into raising dark Cornish, both banty and full sized. I am in the process of getting more familiar with incubating my own chicken eggs as I am looking to increase the numbers of banty Orps and Seramas that I have.
When I am not at work I am usually found to be in a lawn chair, looking out over my flock and watching redneck TV! I love my chickens and think life is truly incomplete without them!

Karen

Welcome Karen From Reno. I can't say I remember ever being in Oroville specifically. But we used to camp every year near Nevada City and had relatives that lived near the Yuba River. that area is one of my favorite places in the Country. very pretty and GREEEEEN! Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
from Georgia

Welcome! I'm not far away--Penn Valley! Glad to see another serama owner nearby! Let me know if you ever want to meet and show off our seramas, or trade eggs for some genetic variety or something! I only have three adults and two chicks right now, but I've always got eggs in the incubator. Would love to see your bantam Orps, too!
big_smile.png
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your time here.
smile.png

Welcome from Berry Creek, Ca!!

Very close!! I think you are the closest person to me I've seen so far!! I recently converted into an incubating freak!! I'm only on my second go-around but my last batch of mutts I had unbelievable hatch rates!(want any mutt chicks!!? dirt cheep
lol.png
! HAHA!!)

Bantam Orpingtons!!!! <3 I WANT some now!! Any interest in trading eggs?! I have pretty blue&green(even pinkish) EE eggs willing to trade if your wanting to incubate!(or chicks too, soon!) If your not open for new breeds would you sell some eggs!?

Back
Top Bottom