New Member from San Diego

Moriahlynn

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
San Diego, CA
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself real quick. I'm Moriah from sunny San Diego, my husband (who is wizzbane on here) and I have just started raising chickens. I grew up with chickens and they were all mean so I swore I would never have them again but situations change and I've learned that chickens can be friendly and I really like the idea of fresh eggs plus manure for the gardens, so we decided we could do this :)

Our coop is nearly done and we have gotten 9 chicks, all different breeds. Currently the girls (we hope they are all girls anyway) are living in an enclosure in my sewing room. Let's see, we have an Ameracauna, a RIR, a Jesery Giant, a golden and a black sexlink, a white frizzle, a Japanese Bantam, a buff silkie and a sebright bantam. As you can tell some are for eggs and some are just because we like how they look (I believe chicken math has already started for us). A few already have names and I'm sure the rest will as well, once we've named them all I will post the names.

I'm looking forward to learning more about taking care of these babies from hanging around on the forum.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I love your avatar, too cute!

Back
Top Bottom