New Member From South Texas

thesagardener

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Texas

Well I am new to the chicken game . Ive have raised peafowl in the past but not Chickens since I was a child . Well anyways I heard about this site and decided to give it a try .My name is Alexis Im 29, Live in Bexar County Tx. I had bought Like 80 chicks cause they were cheaper and in a large Variety .. So now im down to like 60 from giving some away , just so had to part from all these cute things . They are 7 Weeks today . There quite a variety .blue sumatras ,Buff cochin,silver laced cochin, turkens, golden laced Wyandotte ect... I will be posting updates on my chickies hopefully all the way to egglaying .Like I said I am new to this game and got myself way in there really fast ..Well any positive comments, ideas, and pictures ,and subscriptions are greatly appreciated. Thank you .

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!
60! Wow, that must keep you quite busy :) And it sounds like you have some very nice breeds there! The Learning Center has some wonderful articles for new and more experienced chicken keepers, so I'd recommend having a browse through there. Have you got a coop(s) planned for when they outgrow their cages? There are some really nice coop designs in our Coops section that you can use. Unless you bought sexed chicks you probably have a few roosters in that bunch, so if you want to you can post individual or small group pics of them in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section, so the members there can help sex them for you and also identify the different breeds. Other than that just browse through the forum and read, read, read. There is a lot of great info here. If you have a question on something specific and/or are looking for threads on specific topics you can use our Advanced Search or "chicken google" as I call it to help you find what you are looking for quickly. Enjoy the site!

Hi guys and thank you all for the warm welcome .and yes i had ordered some chicks from cackle hatchery , and some had died so the game me credit so i ordered the surprise pack from them and i ended up with a total of about 80 . I gave 20 away so far ,maybe give away a couple more later on, and as for a cage i just moved them from that cage i took the pictures in to a run i had built a while back for the meantime. They do keep me quite busy but smoothy . I ordered straight run chicks so quite more females than males so a good batch . I will be taking more pictures soon hopefully this week .

Back
Top Bottom