New Member from Southern Illinois

jjpigg06

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 5, 2014
Southern Illinois
I've owned chickens now for about 6 months. My husband and 2 year old went to Rural King one day for some dog food, and came back with a variety pack of baby chicks. We ended up with 1 Americauna, 1 Red Sex Link, and 2 ISA Browns. As aggravated as I was at first, I quickly have become a crazy chicken lady, even recently adding sone silkies to our flock. I love getting home from the office and watching my girls play, and spend too much time searching for the perfect coop design for our little homestead.

frow.gif
Hello and welcome to Backyard Chickens. Love your avatar. Silkies are very popular and generally great with children.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home!

Haha sounds like you and your family have fallen into the chicken addiction trap! There is no way out! Once you get some you keep gettin more!:)

Enjoy your flock!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you are enjoying your new birds! Chickens are so much fun to keep.

Enjoy all your adventures with them and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Sounds like you too have become addicted to chickens. Very few BYC members are immune to chicken math. :eek:) You have some excellent layers. Isa Brown is actually one of many labels that some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links under, and like all Red Sex Links, they are egg laying machines. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom