New Member from SW Montana

shanbraught

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2022
I am new to chickens, as I purchased my first flock in May, from BYC. I heard about you from my daughter in Oregon, also a new flock tender. I have splash Amaraucana, buff Orrington, black French copper marans, Plymouth barred rock, australorp and salmon faverell. I have had some mild frost bite on my hens with larger combs and from now on, will add only smaller combed hens to my flock. I have raised Boer goats and cross bred meat breed sheep and several head of cattle for many years as a 4-H mom and leader. Chickens will be a nice transition from larger animal breeds to more manageable ones as I age. I am having lots of fun learning about these funny little gals. I am expanding my flock this year by adding Braman, Wyandotte and oliveEggers, building a new coop and passing the old coop down to my other daughter who will start her own flock this spring. We are chicken converts, one and all.

I am new to chickens, as I purchased my first flock in May, from BYC. I heard about you from my daughter in Oregon, also a new flock tender. I have splash Amaraucana, buff Orrington, black French copper marans, Plymouth barred rock, australorp and salmon faverell. I have had some mild frost bite on my hens with larger combs and from now on, will add only smaller combed hens to my flock. I have raised Boer goats and cross bred meat breed sheep and several head of cattle for many years as a 4-H mom and leader. Chickens will be a nice transition from larger animal breeds to more manageable ones as I age. I am having lots of fun learning about these funny little gals. I am expanding my flock this year by adding Braman, Wyandotte and oliveEggers, building a new coop and passing the old coop down to my other daughter who will start her own flock this spring. We are chicken converts, one and all.
Welcome to the flock....

Back
Top Bottom