New member from Texas

bradnjulieplus4

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
Texas
New to chickens as an adult use to have them when i was growing up gonna give it a whirl in my back yard 4 maybe 5 nothing to big

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Welcome to BYC. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any particular breed in mind?

Yes i like buff orps,barred rocks.

And maybe cinnamon queen but i havent been able to find any yet close to me

You might be able to find Cinnamon Queens under an alternative label. Cinnamon Queen is just one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links. Other labels besides Cinnamon Queen under which Red Sex Links are marketed include Red Sex Link (the correct name), Red Star, Brown Sex Link, Gold Sex Link, Gold Star, Bovans Brown, Golden Buff, Golden Comet, Hubbard Golden Comet, Isa Brown, Shaver Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, HyLines, Gold Lines, Lohmans, Lohmans Brown, Bovans Goldline, etc. All of these different labels can be confusing, but they are all Red Sex Links, which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. The resulting offspring can be sexed by color at hatching (male chicks are whitish, female chicks are reddish), and no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines, outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization.

Back
Top Bottom