New Member from VT

54renihanmeadows

In the Brooder
May 8, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm Pete. Thought I'd introduce myself to the chicken community using the suggested template.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We rescued 12 chickens about a year ago. One died soon after, she literally just keeled over and died in front of us one day so she must've been sick previously. Another flew out of our temporary chicken enclosure on a field trip and was had by a dog. Since then, we've reinforced our permanent enclosure and have secured our mobile enclosure so they can't fly out and we haven't lost any since.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 10

(3) What breeds do you have? New Hampshire Red, Cuckoo Maran, Ameraucana, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, and Black star.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We love everything about them; their sounds, different personalities, the fact that they give us gifts every day, the chicken channel is always on.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, music, foraging, cooking, fitness

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live on a farm with sheep, donkeys, dogs, a cat, a rabbit, and a goat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found it because one of our chickens was displaying a lot of odd symptoms and I looked up chicken resources online. So far it appears to be waterbelly. I'll find out tomorrow!

Hey everyone, I'm Pete. Thought I'd introduce myself to the chicken community using the suggested template.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We rescued 12 chickens about a year ago. One died soon after, she literally just keeled over and died in front of us one day so she must've been sick previously. Another flew out of our temporary chicken enclosure on a field trip and was had by a dog. Since then, we've reinforced our permanent enclosure and have secured our mobile enclosure so they can't fly out and we haven't lost any since.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 10

(3) What breeds do you have? New Hampshire Red, Cuckoo Maran, Ameraucana, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, and Black star.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We love everything about them; their sounds, different personalities, the fact that they give us gifts every day, the chicken channel is always on.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, music, foraging, cooking, fitness

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live on a farm with sheep, donkeys, dogs, a cat, a rabbit, and a goat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found it because one of our chickens was displaying a lot of odd symptoms and I looked up chicken resources online. So far it appears to be waterbelly. I'll find out tomorrow!

Hey Pete!
Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
So neat, I love speckled sussex chickens, and Ameraucanas!

Back
Top Bottom