New Member from Washington

Gwen

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Langley, Washington
Hi,

While this is my first post, I've been reading the message boards off and on for years.

Having chickens has been my lifelong dream. About 10 years ago I started actively reading up on them, researching them, etc. I finally have 2 arriving next week (hopefully, they are not confirmed yet) and then 7 more the following week. I also hope to add 2 ducks and 4 geese whenever I can find the breeds I want.

I hope to put a chicken tractor in the front potager and a regular coop in the back where the poultry can free range over about an acre. Am hoping everyone can coexist happily.

I still haven't found the perfect coop for me, so am talking to several locals about building one. So I'll be reading up on all the coop postings and looking at the photos.

I live on the south end of Whidbey Island in Washington State. We moved here 9 years ago from the SF Bay Area. I'm married with 3 sons (ages 17, 19, and 21) and we have an 8yo yellow lab, a 1yo golden retriever, and a 2yo tabby cat. Soon we'll add chickens to the family - yeah!

I love to read, garden, and entertain.

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana

Back
Top Bottom