New Member:Happy to have Chickens again

chickenmeadow

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Southern Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there, have been enjoying this website & decided to join up. Am happy to have chickens again, as going out to the coop & yard or just watching them had always been so relaxing & good for some laughs (the eggs are great too). Had about 90 chickens in the 80's, but told my honey that there'd only be 12 in the coop this time around. Didn't say how many there'd be in the yard, ohhh just kidding! Have a thing for the Blue Salmon & Salmon Faverolles, also like my Ameraucana/Faverolles crosses (gotta keep my hubby happy with some blue/green eggs). Thanks to everyone out there who shares their stories & info; it reminds me that "it's a small world afterall" & we're not so all alone.

Welcome to BYC.

I have a five week old Salmon Fav that I eventually hope to cross with a Blue Ameraucana Roo. Can't wait to see that cross!

Mahonri, my bantam Ameraucana/Blue Salmon Faverolles crosses look very much like Faverolles. When born this month all 6 have 5 toes, cream or butter colored with dark skin pigment patch on wings (one was all black), muffs & appear to have beards. The Ameraucana hens that layed them were different shades of Wheaton, Blue Wheaton & one colored Black. Don't know what color your Ameraucana parent would be, but the Faverolles characteristics have been stong for my chicks. Have been told & have read that the chick crosses should lay greenish eggs, which is a layer of blue over the brown; I can hardly wait to see that. Both of these breeds show on a breed list as "very good" egg production, the 2nd best rating. Take care!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom