New member here, glad to be acepted.

VikingKing

Chirping
Jun 18, 2020
Meridian, MS
My wife and I are planing on adding Chickens to our lives. We are both retired, my wife from the medical field, myself from the USAF. We plan to purchase a forever home here in East Central Mississippi. We want to purchase a Chicken coop and an attached run to put in our back yard. We are not sure if we will remain in the city or move to the country. Our plan is to get 3 to 4 Road Island Red hens and 1 Road Island Red Rooster. We are completely new to raising Chickens, and are looking mainly for information about these Chickens. We will be searching these forums to learn all we can before getting started. Thank you for adding us to this forum. God bless.

I am always curious... how did you decide on Road Islands? I'm always like a kid at a penny candy cabinet- "Give me one of these and one of these and one of these."--(I guess you must know how old I am now- there ain't no such thing as a penny candy cabinet any more.)
I have been doing some reading on the internet about the different breeds of Chickens. I thought I would start out with the Road Islands because of their behaviors and they do well in my climate, plus they lay large brown eggs. A I learn more, I may add some other breeds to my flock. You are correct, penny candy, and nickel soft drinks are things in the past. Getting old isn't for the weak.

Back
Top Bottom