New Member Here

Love2learn

In the Brooder
May 25, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm new here after lurking for a few months and using this site to answer questions I've had, so I decided to finally join.
  1. (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
- I first got chickens about 5 years ago I think. I raised them with my dad, him doing most of the work because he had more time than I did. Now I'm married and trying to raise my own flock with my husband. I purchased eggs a few weeks ago and they're in the incubator right now........ it's my first time hatching.... we shall see if I messed it all up, lol

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

- 20 eggs in an incubator and I'm trying not to count them before they hatch ^_^

(3) What breeds do you have?

- Black Copper Marans, Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers, Blue Wheaten Ameracauna (if they all hatch)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

- having pets

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, writing, eating new foods

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a dear loving husband. No other pets now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

-Searching for information on hatching. I wanted to be able to share my adventures and ask questions. The community seems really great!

Hello, welcome to BYC and good luck with your hatch. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom