New member in California

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

#1 here is this one again that I posted nearly a week ago

Here is the other one I bought at the same time for comparison, he looks to be more of a cockerel.

Here is the backyard coop I have built for them, once they get accustomed to it, they will have free range and use the coop at night.

I recycled an armoire into the nesting area and built a fly coop around it.

Just a bit of modifying and weatherproofing needed.

Here is the backyard coop I have built for them, once they get accustomed to it, they will have free range and use the coop at night. I recycled an armoire into the nesting area and built a fly coop around it. Just a bit of modifying and weatherproofing needed.
Very nice! How creative you are! And how clever to switch the sections around like you did. This is a great example of ingenuity. :thumbsup And welcome to BYC!!

Here is the backyard coop I have built for them, once they get accustomed to it, they will have free range and use the coop at night.

I recycled an armoire into the nesting area and built a fly coop around it.

Just a bit of modifying and weatherproofing needed.
I see that you are still working on this. Great Ideas. You most likely know that 2nd and 3rd levels will need a landing perch, otherwise all will choose ground level. The tubs inside should work well also. Will you line them with hay or straw.??? I know that my girls like to make themselves comfortable inside the nests. You can also dry out your grass clippings and use them as hay. I use up ALL my grass clippings. I place it freshly cut into their run. They scratch, and scratch, and scratch, through it .. Keeps them busy and occupied. In time it all disappears.

It's actually finished I just haven't updated the pics. There are perches in front of each level as well as ramps they can walk up. I have the top two levels blocked off until they start laying and the bottom level is for shelter. They like to sleep inside the boxes on the bottom at night. I love the idea of using grass clippings... I'll def use that, I suppose I can just dump the clippings out and spread them to dry.

It's not a large area... Total size is 12' long x 4' deep

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom