mstanco

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
Clermont, Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Ciao,

I have always wanted to raise chickens and since I moved to the "country" from Long Island, New York about 12 years ago, I thought there was no time like the present. I read a few books, watched a few youtube videos and read quite a few posts on BYC.
I just recently ordered my chicks and they should be delivered by mid September. The breeds I chose are as follows:
Sicilian Buttercup (2)
White Leghorn (2)
Blue Andalusian (2)
Egyptian Fayoumi (2)

I am not sure what I am getting myself into? but... I look forward to learning from you my BYC new family.

mille grazie,

Marco

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Marco, welcome to BYC. That will be a pretty but somewhat high strung flock - interact with them a lot as they grow so that they are comfortable with you.

High strung huh, I didn't read that in their descriptions. When you say interact with them, do you mean handle them or just let them see me as I talk to them. This is all new to me.

The chicks arrived this morning. The post office called at 10 am and said they had just arrived. When I picked them up they were chirping loudly and I was on my way home with them. Once home I followed the advice of books and online tutorials and introduced each chick to the water and grow gel. I then sprinkled starter feed on the paper and they immediately started eating. Once tired of the starter feed, they moved over to the grow gel and started consuming that. Then they moved on to the waterer one by one. They are now alternating between all three and sleeping. I check on them quite often and can't wait for their progress.
Thank you to all on this forum for your expertise and advice!

Back
Top Bottom