New Member in Massachusetts

heather576

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Hi, I've been browsing the forums for the last several days, and decided it was time to officially join BYC
big_smile.png

I've been a wishful someday chicken and rabbit farmer for a couple of years, lol, reading books and dreaming, and finally my dh and I decided to take the plunge and order some chicks, which are set to arrive the week of June 21, so now I've got to get serious about all this stuff!

We ordered 26 pullets from McMurray, + whatever surprise exotic they decide to include

I chose a fairly even mix of RIR, Black Australorp, EE's, and Silver Wyandottes, it sure was hard to narrow it down to my favorites! I could have gotten them a few weeks earlier if I'd skipped the EE's, but hey, we have 7 children ranging in age from 7wks to 12yrs old, the EE's just were not optional, in my book:cool:

I'd like to feed them as organically as possible, since I don't see the point of working to keep chickens and not enjoying the benefits of naturally grown food, but have to balance that with not breaking the bank, I do have my own family to feed too, can't feed the chooks more $$ food than the children!
roll.png

I've been looking up local feed stores & other helpful MA/NH locales, we're right on the border of the two states, I'd love to hear from anyone in the area who wants to share their wisdom

Ok that's probably TMI for a post of this nature, I'm glad to be here, have already learned a lot from all the chicken lovers on BYC!

Heather

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all! I was pleasantly surprised to see so many replies:D

Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom