New member in NE Ohio

Will you be offering fertilized turkey eggs as well for sale?

How much food does a turkey consume in a day, week, or month would you say?
At some point, once we have a breeding pair, we will be offering fertilized eggs and/or poults. As far as food consumption, its hard to say for individual turkeys, as we feed all the birds together. However, we now go through a 50lb feed bag in 2-3days lately. Now, we do have snow on the ground, so the birds are eating only feed at this point. The heritage turkeys eat significantly less per day than the broad brested (meat) varieties, if that helps.

At some point, once we have a breeding pair, we will be offering fertilized eggs and/or poults. As far as food consumption, its hard to say for individual turkeys, as we feed all the birds together. However, we now go through a 50lb feed bag in 2-3days lately. Now, we do have snow on the ground, so the birds are eating only feed at this point. The heritage turkeys eat significantly less per day than the broad brested (meat) varieties, if that helps.
It does help thank you.

I've been considering turkeys but I already have quail and chickens so I wanted to consider the cost of food before I invested. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom