New member in South Carolina, I attached pics let me know what you think

Welcome, i'm butting in on the free boy chicken train giving you some choices if you decide you want one. I'm in Greenville and iv'e got a faverolle fella that is so ready for his own girls it isn't even funny. His name is Early .:)
20180705_201615.jpg
20180715_201427.jpg

NEED one or two? I guess if you are wanting to have chicks from your hens someday, then yes, you will need a rooster. If you are only wanting the eggs for food or to sell, then no, you do not need a rooster. There are MANY very happy backyard chicken farmers that do not have any roosters for a many number of reasons. If you do decide on getting a rooster, you will only need one for as few of hens that you have. Otherwise that will be not only some fighting between the roosters, but also the girls will "suffer" as well from over zealous boys that will keep trying to outdo each other if you get what I mean!

BTW, Gaffney isn't that far from me so if you decide you want a cockerel just message me and I can hook you up. I have a few REAL Ameraucans as well as some Easter Eggers that will need homes soon.

I still have a couple things to do to get the coop 100%. I will definitely holler when I'm ready. Thank you. I will at least try a rooster and see how it goes.

Welcome, i'm butting in on the free boy chicken train giving you some choices if you decide you want one. I'm in Greenville and iv'e got a faverolle fella that is so ready for his own girls it isn't even funny. His name is Early .:)View attachment 1481262 View attachment 1481264

thank you!! He's a good lookin man. Ill keep you in mind. Im still deciding on roosters.

You're very welcome, he's here and you can't beat the price if you decide you want him. His parents and siblings are here too. Dad is my main rooster.Early needs his own girls, he wants to be the big man but his dad has issues with that obviously. :)
thank you!! He's a good lookin man. Ill keep you in mind. Im still deciding on roosters.

Back
Top Bottom