new member in texas

gboston1970

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
lufkin, Texas
hello all I'm a proud father of 5, and my 10 year old has taken to rasing chickens, and quail, he is very industrious and with a little help from his brothers im sure he will make it work well for him, he will be raising Barred rocks, Road island reds, coturnxi quail, and bobwhites, anyway glad to be here and will be reading alot, cause we have alot to learn.

Thanks greg

welcome-byc.gif

Hello, Lufkin, TX, I'm in SC now but I still miss Austin! You will find lots of great info here, as well as many helpful and wonderful people! Looks like a good selection of birds.

Good luck and remember this caveat- always build for 10 times the number of fowl you think you will have. Then double the space.
You'll just have to trust me on that-
gig.gif

hi
very, very new to the "chicken world". I live in upstate NY and have decided to keep chickens. I have done lots of reading and visited 2 people who have coops to decide what I need. I have decided on only 5 or so chickens.
I have decided to buy birds that are already laying as opposed to chicks. I havent decided on a breed or what type of coop yet - not sure with our weather and all - hoping to learn from this board.
You "chicken" people seem to be a friendly lot !!
big_smile.png

gboston1970 and megsgodmom --

welcome-byc.gif
So glad to have you here!

Since you're just getting started, why not spend a little time browsing the BYC Learning Center to check out some of the most basic information about raising chickens? (And of course, feel free to jump into the conversation on the forum at any time! We're a very welcoming community and we love getting new members!)

Happy posting!

Back
Top Bottom