New member in the UK, with a question on Khaki-Campbells

bug7

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 17, 2013
So, being new to ducks, though having kept hens for about 6 years, I've a question re the sex of my two K-Cs. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but would appreciate backup as the chap who sold them to me isn't sure I'm right - of course, I could be wrong - that's where you come in!!!

thanks very much in advance
Jane

And following the introduction template...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
6 years ago, new to ducks

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
4, 2 died earlier this year :(, and 2 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
Marran, 2 White Sussex, Polish/bantam cross

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A search for great answers to common questions.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Riding, jam making, brewing cider, gliding, meteorology.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

One husband, three cats and a horse. And I work at a university where I look after software research projects.

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
The best place to ask about your ducks would be in the Ducks section. I'm afraid I know just enough about K-C's to be dangerous! LOL Yours are gorgeous though! I hope they are the right sex...

welcome-byc.gif
I've never had ducks but, have read somewhere on here that the males are the ones with the curled tail feather. I don't know if that is fact or fiction.

Welcome! Yes, it looks like to drakes. Another way you can tell is to listen to their quacks. If they are soft quiet quacks, it is likely a drake. If they are loud and quack a lot, it could be a duck. (female) But don't be mistaken. I have a female who doesn't quack at all. Hope you find all the info you are looking for on the site!

Back
Top Bottom