New Member in Virginia

ChksontheRun

Songster
9 Years
Mar 18, 2010
Central Virginia
I am so excited to be part of this wonderful community. I have been reading posts for a while, but have just logged in for the first time. I have never had chickens before, but have the space, sooooo...... I have 14 chicks on the way. In 2 weeks I have 3 Black Austolorps, 3 Partridge Rocks, 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Delawares on the way. I have the brooder ready in the basement, and a chicken tractor built and ready to hold my little pullets until I can build them a more permanent home. I cant wait till the little babies arrive, and am soaking up all of the information about chickens and their homes. I am sure I will have lots of questions as I raise them, so, till then........
wink.png

Chksontherun.

Woohoo!!
welcome-byc.gif
Sounds like you have everything ready to go. You picked out some great breeds. I have some Barred Rocks and Australorps and they are wonderful. I also have a bunch of others. It's hard to pick just a few!!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
You are definitely in the right place to learn and have fun!
As you've already discovered, the people here are the very best- so open and friendly and ready
to share their experience! It's a wonderful place and I'm so glad you found us!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom