New member intro and have a question...

Carrielynn

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
Hello everyone,
My name is Carrie and I have been lurking this forum for a while but just decided to take the plunge and join. I am first of all, a born again Christian....married to a minister, momma to five children, one pug, three barred rocks, two RIRs and two australorps! We all live in central Kentucky. I appreciate all of the useful info on this site!
My question concerns Marans. I am interested in the chocolate colored eggs but would like info on the temperament and overall attitude of these chickens. Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!
frow.gif

There is a breed index at the top of the page
smile.png
It should help some or if nothing else post about them!
big_smile.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. I haven't been able to get my hands on that breed yet, but there are others here that should be able to answer you question.
thumbsup.gif

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from SW Ohio!!
I don't have Marans but a friend down the road does and hers are great! If I wanted good brown egg layers I would get some for sure!!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Florida

I have a Black Copper Marans mix rooster who is extremely friendly. If he hears people, he is running to say hello. I have heard others talk about their great personalities also. I am going the give you the link to the Marans thread where you should be able to find all the info you will ever need.
wink.png
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=383387

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas and I would love some Marans also, You can check the auctions they have hatching eggs for sale there. I think there is a thread for black cooper Marans you could use the search button and see what you could come up with.

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. I have 10 Black Copper Marans hens. They are nice birds, ours are not cuddly but, then again we did not handle them a lot when they were chicks. They all come a running though when we go outside and when called. Love them. Beautiful eggs. Pretty birds.

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from California

I love my Marans. The eggs are beautiful, the birds are mellow and sweet. I just love them. They get along great with my other breeds too. I think you'd be very happy with them as a choice.

Back
Top Bottom