New member intro, just getting started….

ChxGa

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2023
I am so new and haven’t bought my chickens yet. I am moving onto the small farm in July and want to start with chickens. I am also a chef and would love to eventually be able to sell my own chicken and eggs eventually as well. Right now as I’m researching would just love input on best heritage breeds, to raise to broiler/fryers mostly and some to roasters, because there is very little info on it and if it’s cost prohibitive. And also best breed(s) (doesn’t have to be heritage) for pasture raising and meat.

Thanks in advance and hope I can contribute as well, even if it’s just on the cooking side for now haha.

I am so new and haven’t bought my chickens yet. I am moving onto the small farm in July and want to start with chickens. I am also a chef and would love to eventually be able to sell my own chicken and eggs eventually as well. Right now as I’m researching would just love input on best heritage breeds, to raise to broiler/fryers mostly and some to roasters, because there is very little info on it and if it’s cost prohibitive. And also best breed(s) (doesn’t have to be heritage) for pasture raising and meat.

Thanks in advance and hope I can contribute as well, even if it’s just on the cooking side for now haha.
Hi!! Its nice to meet you! Since youre a chef, I think you would love to have Duck Eggs! So maybe you can raise some ducks toooooo!! welcome to BYC :clap:thumbsup:welcome:frow

Welcome to BYC!!

If you make a thread on the meat bird forum, and state your goals/ask your questions, you should get lots of replies. There is lots of info you can learn in the other threads on that forum too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/meat-birds-etc.21/

Good luck in your future poultry endeavors, and welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom