New Member Intro

SwampFlock

Songster
Nov 28, 2020
Conroe, TX
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Had them for about 8 months

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 31 Chickens, 17 Guinea Fowl

(3) What breeds do you have? Mostly barnyard but Naked Neck, Rhode Island Red,
Australorp
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I like cats and they're basically cattier cats.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Homesteading in general

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. It's me, my wife, 3 dogs and 3 cats in a 12x16 tiny house. We bought 5 acres north of Houston, TX that we found out is basically a wetland. It was under 7.5 ft of water during Hurricane Harvey. (10 months BEFORE we bought it). All 3 dogs and one of tbe cats just showed up over the last 2 years so our family grows....Started out with 6 chickens and we'll have 100 by the end this coming spring. I'm interested in organics and cutting the cable so to speak with mass produced pelleted feed. I already ferment my feed and am getting myself a DIY self watering fodder system for Christmas 😄

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google. Sorry, not that exciting!

Attachments

• 20200909_093546.jpg
    20200909_093546.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom