New member Intro

reaganFF

Chirping
Mar 9, 2022
Medina OH
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
First timer! Husband grew up on a small farm, so he has some experience with livestock and poultry, but I'm completely new and am reading everything I can to prepare for our new flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None - we're currently planning for a few Buckeyes and possibly a few Buff Orpingtons later this summer.

(3) What breeds do you have?

See above

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We are looking for layers and meat birds so that we can have more involvement with our food source. Same reason we have a garden!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Knitting, fishing, gardening, beekeeping, and target shooting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a project manager working in the healthcare sector. My husband is retiring from law enforcement this year; we have three kids (18, 16, and 14). We purchased a home on 18 acres in a semi-rural NE Ohio county a few years ago and want to do some small-scale homesteading. W have a 7.5-year-old bulldog mix and will be adding a cat to the family soon.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

When we first started researching chickens last year, I read the Storey Guide, Eric Lofgren's Backyard Chicken Bible, and found this community searching for answers online. I love reading about the experiences of others, good and bad, and I'm grateful to have this as a resource. Thanks for being here for newbies like me!

Back
Top Bottom