Mar 27, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
ā€” I am new, yes! A bantum hen and silkie-appearing roo made their way into my yard. None of the neighbors in my area have chickens, so I kept them. Hen made a nest in my laundry room. I built her and her mate a coop, and itā€™s been off from there.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
ā€” I have 2 adults, 1 chick, and 3 hatchlings expected soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?
ā€” at the moment, im not sure. I have a black with white ā€œhighlightsā€ bantum hen, and a white/yellow-tinted silkie appearing roo. Not sure of breed of bantum, but Iā€™m near certain roo is a silkie.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
ā€” my hen, when not Broody, is a total cuddler and I LOVE it. I love chicks, the fun, the flock experience/being followed around the yard (and even the attempts to follow me into the house. šŸ˜‚) I have always loved birds, but I never knew I would grow to love chickens of all things!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
ā€” I write short stories, songs, and novels in my free time. I am also a very avid reader, and I enjoy video games. I am however a mom of 4, so I stay pretty busy. Free time is rare!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
ā€” My name is Sierra. I also have a Quaker parrot (although Iā€™ve had many over my life, all were older in age and have passed on) betta fish, and a dog. I am 23 y/o residing in NC. I have 3 sons and a daughter. Sons are 8, 4, & 3. My daughter will be 6 m/o on the 4th of April. I am a SAHM. I have plans to go back to school soon, though! I am newly engaged, but we have yet to set a date. So lord of exciting things in the future!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
ā€” after googling a gazillion chicken questions, BYC kept popping up. So I joined! Thereā€™s an answer for nearly every question I have. I joined because I love to learn, and I am very careful to give my family (human, furry, scaley, and feathery alike) the very best!

I look forward to meeting and interacting with all of my new chicken-loving friends! :D

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
ā€” I am new, yes! A bantum hen and silkie-appearing roo made their way into my yard. None of the neighbors in my area have chickens, so I kept them. Hen made a nest in my laundry room. I built her and her mate a coop, and itā€™s been off from there.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
ā€” I have 2 adults, 1 chick, and 3 hatchlings expected soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?
ā€” at the moment, im not sure. I have a black with white ā€œhighlightsā€ bantum hen, and a white/yellow-tinted silkie appearing roo. Not sure of breed of bantum, but Iā€™m near certain roo is a silkie.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
ā€” my hen, when not Broody, is a total cuddler and I LOVE it. I love chicks, the fun, the flock experience/being followed around the yard (and even the attempts to follow me into the house. šŸ˜‚) I have always loved birds, but I never knew I would grow to love chickens of all things!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
ā€” I write short stories, songs, and novels in my free time. I am also a very avid reader, and I enjoy video games. I am however a mom of 4, so I stay pretty busy. Free time is rare!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
ā€” My name is Sierra. I also have a Quaker parrot (although Iā€™ve had many over my life, all were older in age and have passed on) betta fish, and a dog. I am 23 y/o residing in NC. I have 3 sons and a daughter. Sons are 8, 4, & 3. My daughter will be 6 m/o on the 4th of April. I am a SAHM. I have plans to go back to school soon, though! I am newly engaged, but we have yet to set a date. So lord of exciting things in the future!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
ā€” after googling a gazillion chicken questions, BYC kept popping up. So I joined! Thereā€™s an answer for nearly every question I have. I joined because I love to learn, and I am very careful to give my family (human, furry, scaley, and feathery alike) the very best!

I look forward to meeting and interacting with all of my new chicken-loving friends! :D
Welcome. Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for taking on the wandering chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom