New Member Introduction

SarahsCoop

Chirping
May 14, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m new to chickens, and got my first chickens on 02/22/18

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Silkies

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google searches for chicken questions

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
DIY and arts and crafts

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
It’s just me and my hubby, a few fish in a tank, a cat, and now 4 chickens. I’m very new to keeping the birds and am really looking forward to being part of the backyardchicken communtity to connect with other chicken keepers.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I think you would enjoy checking out "Silkie thread." on BYC and meeting others who love and support the breed. Did you know there is a variety of silkie called "Showgirls?" The name refers to both sexes. Showgirls are silkies with 'naked necks," or sometimes a "bowtie" of feathers at the midpoint of neck.

They share the true silkie features, personality and "broodiness."

G'Day from down under SarahsCoop :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

As Broody Bist mentioned, if you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m new to chickens, and got my first chickens on 02/22/18

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Silkies

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google searches for chicken questions

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
DIY and arts and crafts

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
It’s just me and my hubby, a few fish in a tank, a cat, and now 4 chickens. I’m very new to keeping the birds and am really looking forward to being part of the backyardchicken communtity to connect with other chicken keepers.
:goodpost: :welcome

Back
Top Bottom