New member - introduction

Hi everyone! I am new to chickens for 15 weeks, I started with 8 day old chicks with experience with all types of animals/pets but none with chickens.

I have 7 hens and 1 rooster.
BC Marans - Rooster = Ducky.... Because he was identical to a mallard duck chick when He arrived on his first day.
BC Marans - Pointer 1
BC Marans - Pointer 2
BC Marans - Pointer 3
White Leghorn - Edie
White Leghorn - Leg
Buff Orpington - Banana
Buff Orpington - Sister

The thing I love about raising these chickens is how much I've learned about them! I never would have imagined they could be so complex and yet so much fun!

I have 3 dogs, a parrot and a couple parakeets. This was my limitation of bird experience before the flock. The dogs are 2 saint Bernards and a St Bernard mix. When we go big, we go really big 🤣. We just bought a small farm and my only regret is not doing this sooner.

I found BYC through Google searching something about the chickens, I've googled tons of things that it's hard to pinpoint which exact thing brought me here but here I am.
oBUYwSomwEx6unv8NxPasstUysjKqk6Y4fStjmNPdDRR0XWMaezoSwkgfp6UGn2bd0sZ9yfrJ4FjHFLXaKITqg3Z8LrVVWEPA97PjkoO0HtILus9dsBnBP_e62hgKXJk1FP06oj-
Hello and welcome to BYC! It’s good to have you with us - there are lots of friendly, kind, and helpful folks here eager to see any pictures of chickens, ducks, quail, guineas, turkeys, stoats, unicorns, or any other critters you keep, and to help you with questions, problems, or just friendly comments!

Back
Top Bottom