New Member Introduction

Welcome! A monkey? I always wanted a monkey when I was a kid.
I grew up with exotic animals (chinchilla, snakes, spiders, monkeys, ferrets and many more) my monkeys name is “OPIE” and she is extremely HIGH maintenance, I can NOT express that enough, she more so than all my other animals combined. I do my best to inform people with as much as I can when people inquire about her. She is not the kind of family member that you can put in a cage and walk away from (regardless of how big the enclosure is) it will make them too mean to handle, There is A LOT to learn when having a family member like her. She is DEFINITELY not your everyday, run of the mill kind of family member. Some basics info on her is she is 4 yrs old, I’ve had her since she was 5 weeks old. She is classified as a New World Monkey. She is most definitely NOT A PET. I have her registered with the state as an ESA and she is federally protected. I have her ID and federal badge on me at ALL times, She is a Common Marmoset, the top weight for females is 7-9 oz, top weight for males is 9-12 oz, she is roughly 6-8 inches tall and she is full grown. She goes with me everywhere I go, so I get A LOT of questions (which does not bother me at all), she can definitely draw attention, especially if it is a place we have not been in a lot, The regular places I take her the most, people are so used to seeing her, so when she is not with me (she could be with my husband “daddy”) people ask where she is. She is extremely social, she loves most people, she DOES NOT do well with kids at all, kids tend to grab at her, pull on her tail, even just reach up and try taking her off my shoulder, she is not big enough to kill anyone, but if she gets ahold of you, you most definitely may need to get stitches. She is the MOST high maintenance baby I have ever known, EVERYDAY is no different than having a new born baby right out of the hospital that will need that constant care all her life, life expectancy is 27-30 yrs, when people do not take into consideration everything her breed needs, life expectancy drops to about 18yrs (not the 27-30 yrs that is expected). I do not ever recommend anyone with a full time job (that you can not take them with you) and/or kids to invest in such a life long endeavor, Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t trade her for all the money in the world, it would be as if I sold my daughter. If you ever have question please feel free to ask, I will give anyone as much info that I can, 1st pic is her photo ID, 2nd pic in the purple dress is her now, and the 3rd pic was the day I got her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back