New Member Introduction

CandiKreuz

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
Indiana, USA
Hi everyone,
My name is Candice and I am excited to be a part of this community! To be honest, I was not intending to have baby ducks, but a momma duck abandoned her nest and so after a few days I took the eggs in and incubated them, honestly unsure that anything would hatch at that point, as I wasn’t sure if I was too late. Well low and behold one hatched Thursday, the 4th, and second stated externally pipping around 5 pm. The one That hatched is fluffy, eating well, and ready to be moved to the brooder. However, the pipping egg is still not hatched and I am starting to get worried. I have tried not to open the incubator but have cracked it to slip in water and some moist chicken mash for the older baby. However, the humidity has been fluctuating from ~92 all the way down to ~57 even without me opening it often. I have been trying to regulate it. The temperature has been around 97-99 at most times. Anyways, the pipped egg has made a pretty big hole and it is chirping and sticking its beak through but it isn’t actually zipping. Is it stuck? I’m unsure if I should intervene yet. It will be 48 hrs since externally pipping around 5 PM today. I’ve attached a picture of the healthy baby and the baby that is trying to hatch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
39ED028C-5434-45D7-8F17-BBF7A86D7673.jpeg
83DB8F9A-FA5B-4A4B-B5AE-44E0EF7FDA27.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom