1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member Introduction!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by valerian, Aug 18, 2011.

1. valerian

valerian New Egg

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi all you chicken lovers!
    I am a new chicken lover. I just got my first chickens this year. I have 2 Black Laced Wyandottes (Layers) and 6 Buff Orpingtons (layers). I also have had 2 dozen meat chickens (now in the freezer) and I currently have 12 more. The first two batches were Cornish Cross and it made me sad how they would just PLOP! down in front of the feeder and literally eat themselves to death. I have lots of questions - first about my meat birds and second about my layers. Could someone please tell me where the best place to post a couple questions would be. Thanks y'all!
    I look forward to hearing from you and to more adventures in chicken farming!
    I love my chickens.
    Valerian:yiipchick

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

There is a meat bird forum and egglaying forum. Try there to start

Imp

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

[​IMG] from Mississippi.

Just look through the index and find the area that fits your questions and post away!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY and check the forum index then select the topic that best fits your question

6. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good advice given. [​IMG]

9. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Let me add my [​IMG] from Connecticut! Where are you? I have one SLW in my flock, not laying yet.

10. adgcountrygirl

adgcountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!!! This is my first year to raise chickens as well. I always knew I would want to raise them and have them around, but I didn't expect to love them as much as I do my dogs, cats, and sadly yes, some of our cattle. (I helped bottle raise one of our bulls and he will still eat out of my hand.) The main forum is divided into question categories and even a few "Getting to know your neighbors" categories. BYC is just as addictive as raising animals, because I now have a chicken blog... [​IMG] I hope you love it as much as I do! (I'm from Texas)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by