1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by styles, Mar 22, 2013.

1. styles

styles New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Denver
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Brand new to chickens, this is a whole new world for me. I would describe myself as a super urban, wine drinking, high heel wearing city girl. I attended CU Boulder for my undergrad and it has affected my diet every since. I am super picky when it comes to healthy non-processed foods and humanely treated animals. We bought our chickens about a month ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We have 6 chickens although I have a suspicion one is a rooster. Tinker Bell a Cochin has started developing red areas on her head and neck (looked and that is normal for hens too). She sounds part pterodactyl between 6:00 am and 7:00 am. I'm hoping she's not and were attached to her and I can't have roosters in Denver. Wondering how long I should wait before I rule out Tinker Bell is a girl. We also have a buff orpington, 2 plymouth rocks, long island red and a ameraucana.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Cochin, buff orpington, 2 plymouth rocks, long island red and an ameraucana.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I was searching the internet to learn what to expect and what the best system is.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    We ride vintage scooters, tour vineyards, read, cook and garden.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    My husband and I have two little girls (1 and 3 years), two dogs, indoor and outdoor fish. We garden, recycle, compost, cook whole foods and spend as much time outdoors as possible. My husband is the mountain to my urban, scruffy, carhart, callused hands.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, styles, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Good luck to you and your birds!!

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by