New Member - just learning the ropes of Back Yard Chickens

cjsras

Chirping
Aug 13, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Good Afternoon; my name is Christine.
Absolutely :) I received my chickens about 3 1/2 weeks ago and posted my first post just a day ago and everyone has been wonderful!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Nine baby chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
I just learned that I have a mix: Wellsummer (mother) and Silver laced Cochin (father) One of the members helped me to figure out that the information about the father was incorrect, so that was extremely helpful!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love the idea that I can share this with my 10 year old granddaughter Gabryella. It also brings me some peace and comfort.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Going to church, spending time with my wonderful husband and family. Love to garden. I'm going to be trying baby Goat yoga in two weeks! :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have Two adult daughters and one adult son. I have an amazing husband and an adorable granddaughter. I have my dog Belaruse (Bella) and two cats (Sassy and Chloe) I'm an OR Nurse so in rural Vermont, the docs, nurses, and anesthesia providers either have chickens or bees lol. I'm so excited because the chickens provide me with tranquility, which is something I didn't expect.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I just happened to see the site while looking for answers about questions I had regarding my chickens. I saw how responses were respectful and kind and helpful. That is what I expect in an online community.

Back
Top Bottom