New Member, looking to move chicks outside!

Mar 5, 2021
Greetings, everyone!

My wife and I are starting our third batch of chickens, but we haven't had any in several years. We currently have 6 Plymouth Barred Rocks, 1 Black Autrolorp, and 1 brown chick that we really aren't sure of its heritage yet. They are all just turning 6 weeks old and are almost completely feathered out (small amounts of fuzz on the necks of a few). My wife would REALLY like to move these chicks out of the house and into their coop as soon as possible. I don't blame her, she's been very patient and the older the chicks get, the more dust/dander/fuzz is completely coating the master bath room where the brooder is kept.

We live in south Alabama, and temperatures here are getting rather mild. We still have a couple of nights in the middle of next week where the lows are projected to be 39 degrees or so. After that, lows are in the 50's.

1614989357856.png

Do you think it will be OK to move them out to the main coop this weekend? The coop is very secure, and fully enclosed to keep out wind or rain. I have a small barn heater that I can put out there with them that will be in an area that they can't possibly get to. Your thoughts and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

Attachments

• 1614989245356.png
    1614989245356.png
    79 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom