New Member: MiR from Long Island, NY

mirintheuniverse

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2021
Hi! My name is Miranda, but I go by MiR.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I am! I got my chickens a few months ago in March, it is now July.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have three chickens. I originally had 4 but sadly one passed away on July 4th from a heart attack.

(3) What breeds do you have? I have two Dekalb Brown chickens and one Colombian Black Tail chicken.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love seeing how they interact with each other and humans. They are so intelligent! I also love being able to have fresh laid eggs in the comfort of my home. Oh! And I love the amount of animals they're attracting to my backyard. I am visited by wild birds, squirrels, stray cats, etc.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, editing on After Effects, and researchinggg! Love going down rabbit holes and learning new things. I also tend to pick up new hobbies to gain a skill, therefore they're not always consistent hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a six year old Yorkie named Charlie. He likes to drink raw milk with the girls and try to smell their butts. I am currently self employed, selling elderberry syrup and sea moss gel locally. Going to plug myself and say check out @mirsmedicine if on Long Island and in need of someone homemade elderberry or sea moss! I was a student but recently dropped out to find my own path, this led me to owning chickens which has always been a goal since I was a child.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC through researching about chickens to make sure I can provide the best environment/supplies for my chickens to thrive. Their thriving will also help me thrive since I am eating their eggs. I decided to finally join after finding information of where to find feed near me that wasn't too expensive and met my requirements. It was exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to pay it forward and share my knowledge with those in the community!

Thank you so for much creating this website! I am immensely grateful for this resource. Also hi to anyone reading this! :)

Attachments

• tempImagehUVjNj.png
    tempImagehUVjNj.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
  • LRG_MU_00959.jpg
    LRG_MU_00959.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom