New Member: My name is Carmen I am from Santa Maria, Ca

carmenin805

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
Santa Maria, CA
I am 33 and in my whole life the only interaction i had with chickens was at the grocery store. Now thanks to my curious kids we are the semiproud owners of 5 chickens 2 are roosters i was told 1 is a chicken and the newer little ones were too young to sex.. i am confused.. i know the younger 2 are silkie Bantams and that the other 3 do not like them much.. i have pictures of them but i have tried comparing the images but i am failing at that

Welcome,

I lived on Vandenberg in HS, Love the area. Moved away in the late 80's after college and only returned to visit family and friends. Sometimes wished I'd stay but then I get a dose of the traffic and housing prices and than I don't miss it as much.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You will need to rehome one of your roosters. Two roos will fight and cause too much damage to a few hens.

Definitely post pics of the birds you are unsure of in our What Breed and Gender section for more help. Yorkshire Coop has left you with the link.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X2 on posting in the breed and gender area. Good luck rehoming your roos.

Hello Carmen so nice to meet you. Have you visited the Learning Center? It's a great first stop. Would love to see photos of your flock. Other breeds do tend to bully silkies because their appearance is so different from other breeds. Please make sure it doesn't escalate to blood shed.

Back
Top Bottom