New Member Needing Help

Vivibo

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
Hello, I've joined this community in the hopes of finding a duck owner or two who would be glad to take in 2 or 4 pekin ducks to their flock.

My pekins were born on Star Wars Day (May 4th, 2020). They are two drakes and two hens. Each hen has bonded to her chosen drake, and of the two drakes one is more dominant than the other, but he is protective of all three other ducks regardless. I'd prefer they all be rehomed together, but understand that with two drakes that may be an issue. If they are seperated, the bonded pairs must be rehomed together.

They are healthy, happy, social pekins who enjoy being cuddled and sung to. Mint leaves, grapes, and frozen aloe vera cuttings are their favorite treats. Both hens and the dominant drake are jumbos, and thus require niacin added to their regular duck feed daily.

They have names: Papaya is the dominant drake bonded to Durian the hen, Lemon the small regular pekin drake bonded to Mango the hen. I'm pretty certain they don't actually know their own names though and only come when called because they know the sound of my voice.

I'm sad to have to rehome them, but my saintly neighbors can only deal with so much bullying from my ducks (they tease their dogs and start up a storm of barking that spreads throughout the whole neighborhood) and we don't want the city to get involved with nuisance complaints.
Also, Papaya who is my special child and was the runt of the flock and born with severe wry neck syndrome, has grown into a large healthy monster/dino-sized jumbo pekin (wry neck completely healed!) that will soon have trouble fitting comfortably in the run of our backyard.

Serious inquiries willing to provide full or partial transport (we are willing to drive within 2 hours) only please. I want the best for my pekins and would even love to add whomever gets them on social media so that I and my baby sister (the one who hatched them) can get updates on them.

Also, Papaya is currently recovering from severe angel wing, so he is on a strict low protein diet (one wing has recovered so far!).

I live in Lake Forest, California.

Back
Top Bottom