New member, new chicken owner with little knowledge hahaha

KendraH

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2020
Danville, KY
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I just inherited a flock of laying hens from a friend who had to move

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8 in a ghetto coop temporarily, hoping to start building them a proper house this week

(3) What breeds do you have? not sure

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I foster for our local dachshund rescue and we have a small horse farm.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We are empty nesters (pardon the pun), husband is a pulmonary/critical care physician at the local hospital and I run the farm. We have 3 dachshunds of our own and 1 foster currently that came from a puppy mill bust in June, he is a double dapple with vision and hearing deficiencies.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D. Found you through pinterest and looking forward to learning and sharing!

Attachments

• 8ABCF5B4-C1AC-4B50-82A5-2961DB210DD6.jpeg
    8ABCF5B4-C1AC-4B50-82A5-2961DB210DD6.jpeg
    984.7 KB · Views: 8
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I just inherited a flock of laying hens from a friend who had to move

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8 in a ghetto coop temporarily, hoping to start building them a proper house this week

(3) What breeds do you have? not sure

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I foster for our local dachshund rescue and we have a small horse farm.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We are empty nesters (pardon the pun), husband is a pulmonary/critical care physician at the local hospital and I run the farm. We have 3 dachshunds of our own and 1 foster currently that came from a puppy mill bust in June, he is a double dapple with vision and hearing deficiencies.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D. Found you through pinterest and looking forward to learning and sharing!
20201109_231642.jpg

Back
Top Bottom