New member, new-ish duck owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AustrianRunners, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    I'm a new member of BYC, though I've been trawling your forums for information ever since I decided to get Indian Runner ducks. Well we've had them for a year or so now, and one day I hope to provide information to duck newbies in the same way as other here have helped me!

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Songster

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockwit Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. It's great that you are willing to pitch in and share you experience - all the duck peeps will be very happy.

All the best
    CT

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member 7 Years

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Love those Runner Ducks. They have a most interesting way of standing and running to where ever they need to go. LOL I have never kept them, but maybe one day.

Definitely stop by our Ducks section to share stories, pictures and any experiences you have had with your birds... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy all your duck adventures and welcome to our flock! :)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. I've hear a lot about runner ducks but, have never seen any in person er, duck.

7. mjh2032

mjh2032 In the Brooder

Feb 9, 2016
    Hello and welcome! I am a new member here too and am enjoying the shared knowledge. I would love to see a picture of your ducks sometime

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Ducks are fun, if a bit messy.

9. Hi guys, thank for the welcome. Yes, ducks sure are a little (OK, a LOT) messier than chickens but I love them all the same. For those who have said they find them interesting - I can only recommend them!

10. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

[​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey Austrian Runners! That is so awesome you are looking forward to helping people with duck info. We could always use some more duck experts! I myself am a chicken owner, but I have tasted duck eggs and in my opinion taste better I dont know what you think! I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by