New member, new-ish duck owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AustrianRunners, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    I'm a new member of BYC, though I've been trawling your forums for information ever since I decided to get Indian Runner ducks. Well we've had them for a year or so now, and one day I hope to provide information to duck newbies in the same way as other here have helped me!

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. It's great that you are willing to pitch in and share you experience - all the duck peeps will be very happy.

All the best
    CT

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Love those Runner Ducks. They have a most interesting way of standing and running to where ever they need to go. LOL I have never kept them, but maybe one day.

Definitely stop by our Ducks section to share stories, pictures and any experiences you have had with your birds... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy all your duck adventures and welcome to our flock! :)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. I've hear a lot about runner ducks but, have never seen any in person er, duck.

7. mjh2032

mjh2032 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2016
    Hello and welcome! I am a new member here too and am enjoying the shared knowledge. I would love to see a picture of your ducks sometime

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Ducks are fun, if a bit messy.

9. Hi guys, thank for the welcome. Yes, ducks sure are a little (OK, a LOT) messier than chickens but I love them all the same. For those who have said they find them interesting - I can only recommend them!

10. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey Austrian Runners! That is so awesome you are looking forward to helping people with duck info. We could always use some more duck experts! I myself am a chicken owner, but I have tasted duck eggs and in my opinion taste better I dont know what you think! I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by