New member! So happy to be here...

peeplove

Hatching
6 Years
May 25, 2013
Kenmore, WA
I've wanted chickens my whole life and am thrilled to finally have them and to have the resources that you all contribute at my fingertips!

We are a family of 5, mom, dad, 16 yr old son, 13 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter. We just moved into a tiny old farm house on about 2 acres and I just couldn't resist the little puff balls at the feed store! The whole family loves the chicks and are amazed at just how quickly the grow up.

We have 6 chicks all about 4 weeks old; 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 blue Andalusian, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, and 1 amber white. We love these little buggers SO much!

They're getting to big to be inside and are almost fully feathered so we need to get a move on with the coop! I'm a bit worried about coons so I'm going to check out the threads about predator proofing before we start. Any ideas or advice is welcome!!! Thank you all!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
go to "where am I, where are you." and find the Washingtonian thread - it moves like lightning so just jump in at any time and hang on for the wild ride. They are a very lively, friendly group. I'm a member tho the only connection I have to Washington is my son lives in Redmond.

I was trying to find that thread yesterday and will try again today! Would love to meet some locals who are as chicken crazy as I am!

Thanks for the warm welcome all!!! ;)

Hello from Ontario. I just joined today myself, but have been browsing the site for a few months now. I couldn't be happier to have found this site

Back
Top Bottom