new member waving *hello*

Thank you for the warm welcome:) We bought the coop from a long time chicken keeper who was moving out of state. We’re going to use it as a brooder, and building a coop from scratch. Just did a quick home depot run to check lumber prices, fortunately my husband is handy and enjoys diy projects. I’ve read some really informative threads here on securing the coop & run using hardware cloth and some heavy duty netting for threats from above. Oh and have read a lot about ventilation, ventilation and more ventilation:D

Just got a chick heating brooder plate, need the feeder & waterer etc. My husband is brainstorming coop plans. Doing a lot of research. will be scouring posts :frow

Attachments

• 0175D57D-E14B-4C66-8FBB-B344B92CE3CF.jpeg
    0175D57D-E14B-4C66-8FBB-B344B92CE3CF.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
We’re planning on getting our first chicks soon! Ive wanted chickens for decades, now we have some space and time.
Ive been doing lots of reading, both books and online and asking family who have raised chickens. We bought a used coop thats been sitting for a couple of months while we prepare ahead of time. Im looking for dual purpose birds hopefully locally.

I also enjoy growing veggies and working in my yard. I found backyard chickens in my search for info on chicken care.
Welcome and hello! So glad you get to go on this journey its so much fun. I havnt had chickens in a long time and just got some 5 1/2 weeks ago and Im loving it. If you have any questions feel free to ask we are here to help! Enjoy!:frow

Back
Top Bottom