New member with 3 ducks and 6 chickens

AmberDawn

Hatching
Apr 1, 2016
West Virginia
Hello, my name is Amber and we just added 3 ducklings and 6 chicks to our family. I'm looking for a little advice for one of the ducklings. It seems smaller than the other 2 and it will not walk a whole lot. However it is eating and drinking fine. We have added the vitamin enriched food and mixer to their water and the little one still doesn't seem to walk as much as the other 2. Any advice? Thanks!!

Hi Amber and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard.

I'd suggest re-posting your question on the "Duck" forum for the best response.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken/ duck ? keepers - loads of info on anything duck / chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Nice to meet you Amber. I don't know if this applies but, ducklings /ducks can have a niacin deficiency that causes weakness and I believe difficulty walking. This is someone to ask the duck folks about, as well as any other questions. Hope he will be just fine.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Amber, it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom