jhellwege

Hatching
Sep 29, 2015
Fairhope, AL
Hello, My family and I are new chicken owners. We just got our first 6 hens from my brother in law this past weekend. I have them in a small coop in our porch until I can finish our back yard coop.
My wife and I have 2 boys 11 and 9. We are hoping they will enjoy this experience and be helpful raising the chicks. (Hmmm we'll see)

I stumbled across backyard chickens while trying to google info for our coop. We moved to Alabama 5 months ago from Clearwater Florida petless. we now have a chocolate lab and 6 new chickens. our time is usually spent at our boys sporting events.

I'm sure I will be bugging everyone for info. So Thank you in advance.

Jason

Hi Jason,
welcome-byc.gif

It sounds like if you stay in AL very long, you're going to have quite the petting zoo, lol. Raising chickens is a great hobby for the whole family, I hope your boys find it fun.

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center for all sorts of helpful articles on raising poultry:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC, Jason. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on NorthFlChick; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom