Huevos Royale

Chirping
Jan 9, 2016
Him I am in the greater Houston area, brand new to chicken-keeping and eagerly awaiting my new chicks. I appreciate any future help I might get with my future one million questions! Thanks so much!!

Him I am in the greater Houston area, brand new to chicken-keeping and eagerly awaiting my new chicks. I appreciate any future help I might get with my future one million questions! Thanks so much!!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! If you have any questions feel free to ask and we'll answer!

So far I've got Rhode Island Red, a Buff Orpington, and a few Easter Eggers ordered. I will have room for a total of 12 hens, but I'm not sure if it's better to get multiples of the same breeds, or diversity into a full "rainbow". Can anyone give advice on this?

So far I've got Rhode Island Red, a Buff Orpington, and a few Easter Eggers ordered. I will have room for a total of 12 hens, but I'm not sure if it's better to get multiples of the same breeds, or diversity into a full "rainbow". Can anyone give advice on this?

Depends on you. If you were to be like me trying to produce eggs for my family and most of our neighbors I raise only Black Australorp. I've raised many breeds and varieties of chickens for years. Since this is a business for me I had to buckle down. I know there are other breeds out there that can do just as good but Black Australorp is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom