Daisierose3

Hatching
Aug 12, 2016
Hi everyone!!!! My name is Heather. I live in Howell, New Jersey. My husband Brian and I have 5 chickens. I came across this website when I was asking a question on google and this page came up with an answer. I was very happy to see the answer. I just have to hope the answer is still true. Maybe you guys can help me, I don't know it this is the right forum to be asking so if it is not please let me know. We received a letter from the town saying that we needed to get rid of our chickens. We have been reading that where we are at we can have chickens, the coop just has to be 75 feet away. (which our is not) but we have been reading that we can file for a varience with the town to see if the neighbors have a problem with us having the chickens. We only have egg layer hens no roosters. We need advice on what you think we should do.

Thank you,
Heather

Hi Heather and welcome to BYC. I'd suggest posting your question on the Local chicken laws and ordinance forum for the best advice (you will find it on the pull down menu "Forum Nav". I don't see any reason why you should not ask your neighbours if they have a problem with you keeping chickens in the meantime.

Good luck
CT

Hello there
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
!! Have much success with your flock!

I would suggest you post on your state thread - just put state name in search box and it will come up. You may find others living near you will rally 'round you and support your efforts in challenging the restrictions or changing them. Wish you much luck

Back
Top Bottom