Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frenchen1, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Frenchen1

Frenchen1 Just Hatched

Aug 19, 2016
    Thank you for making me a member of this group. Hi Everyone, I am a recently retired teacher, who lives on a small ranch in Southern California. Since my husband passed, I have been looking for something interesting to keep me busy.We had a few chickens before, but I was a bad chicken keeper.Now, thanks to my relatives and neighbors, I know a lot more. It has been fun getting set up,and making new friends. My favorites are the Marans and the Easter Eggers. A relative lives with me now, and she has a few other breeds. We are into Heritage Breeds. We have started off with good lines. Our goal is to feed ourselves, and sell eggs and a few chickens along the way. She has experience. A few weeks ago, I bought an incubator. Yesterday, we set 20 Easter Egger eggs from our flock. This is a new experience for us. One of our hens is showing early signs of being broody, but I couldn't wait. I am now a chicken addict, so please keep "egging"me on. Joanne

2. ChickenGrass

ChickenGrass Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    Republic of Ireland
    :welcome Joanne
    I think you will settle down here very well.
    You have officially been bitten by the chicken bug! :jumpy :cd

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Joanne, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our flock. Happy hatching with yours! :jumpy

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Joanne, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

5. Frenchen1

Frenchen1 Just Hatched

Aug 19, 2016
    I see you have Cream Legbars. I recently "inherited" a couple of young Cream Legbar Roosters, from a local merchant. Finally, a friend said she would sell me two pullets that are three months old. They are from respectable bloodlines. The boys are looking good, so we will see what happens. One of the roosters will wind up with some blue splashed Easter Eggers. People around here like blue and green eggs. A friend, in this small town, makes Olive Eggers, with her Marans and Easter Eggers, and can't keep up with the orders for baby chicks. She sells them for$15.00 each. I'm thinking of also breeding the Cream Legbar Roosters with some of my Blue Copper Marans hens. Have you ever heard of that ?

Thanks,

Joanne

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Greetings from South Dakota and [​IMG], Joanne!! Nice to meet you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by