Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jessie22, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jessie22

Jessie22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone and am glad to have joined today. I am new to chickens but have 3 guinea fowl that belongs to my neighbor across the way but the guinea stay on my property so I have adopted them with my neighbor. There are 15 eggs in the guineas nest but she doesn't stay on the nest only to lay another egg. I am a state and federal licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator and love the Silkie breed, of course everyone does - ha ha. I am in Hillsborough NC and live in the country. I am interested in incubating eggs but haven't done so yet. I have been reading this site for quit awhile and then decided to join. Thanks and hello to everyone

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

welcome to the chicken world!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jessie, and [​IMG]! I think I responded to your first post over on a different forum? Anywho, great to have you aboard. Really admire what you do for a living. Takes a tremendous commitment. How are you getting along with your guineas? I just got some this year and I am pleased with the quirky little devils!
    I wish you success in your hatching and other poultry endeavors! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome, I don't know much about guineas (just that they are loud and love to eat ticks) but, I am assuming she will sit on the eggs once she feels she has enough. Sounds like plenty to me but, I am not a guinea. I believe the incubation process doesn't begin until mama sits on eggs almost constantly.

You mentioned loving silkies. Do you have any? They are generally the best broodies. If one was broody, you could slip some guinea eggs
    under her and she'd raise them as her own.

I would advics you post your questions on the "Guinea thread." just put that in the searchbox and it will pop up.

5. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure anyone would be happy to help. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by