Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rvilla, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rvilla

rvilla New Egg

Apr 12, 2017
    Riverside, California (CA)
    Hello everyone I just purchased some sebastopol goslings from metzer farms and am very excited. They should come on the 25th of this month. Anyone have any useful tips on keeping them as tame as possible. I have heard the quality of them is good?

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I don't know much about geese but you can post on the "Geese thread." just put that in the search box above and it will pop up.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us [​IMG]

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under rvilla [​IMG] Welcome!

This is a link to the Geese Forum Diva mentioned: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your geese when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. rvilla

rvilla New Egg

Apr 12, 2017
    Thank you all for the kind words. I definitely will look into the links, and post pictures as they grow:)

6. countryjack

countryjack Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2015
    Hello New Member, this is a great community of people from just about any walk in life gettin together because of them beautiful birds. If there is anything I can do to assist or answer a question, let me know. If I cant help you directly, We will help find an answer. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I've never raised geese but they look like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy them!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! :woot

9. rvilla

rvilla New Egg

Apr 12, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So these are my three Sebastopol goslings , French toulouse and American buff.They shipped in two days from Metzer farms and all are doing well so far:).I will keep updating as they grow.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

[​IMG] Aaaaw, too cute!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by