Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rooster one, May 7, 2017.

1. Rooster one

Rooster one Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2017
    Hartfield, Virginia
    Good morning everyone, I am a new member to BYC and wanted to let everyone how I was here. I have had chickens before and had gotten out of it for a bit. Couldn't stay out long because I missed all the excitement and also the fresh eggs that we receive each day. I built a new coop and a new fenced in run. We currently have 9 hens which are two white leghorns, 3 brown comets, 3 brown leghorns, and one rooster. Have had them for 3 weeks and they are producing eggs very nice each day. It is amazing who much we missed not having them around but now they are here to stay. I also have just started doing the fodder system that I did myself and they love it. Right now I am growing whole wheat for them and they seem to love it. Of course they still get their grain pellets also. I am located in Middlesex County, Va.. Hoping to see a lot of members from my area as well.

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG] and Welcome to BYC from a fellow Virginian! I'm glad you decided to start keeping chickens again, its to addicting to stop for long :)!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by