ZimDuck81

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2018
Greetings everyone!

Im a relatively new backyard farmer and am rearing muscovy's, turkeys, goats and sheep! All for meat and eggs which i intend on utilizing for myself and friends and family.. Based in Zimbabwe,Africa and just wanted to introduce myself!

Love the forum and will be watching it for information and asking the usual beginner questions! Mainly on ducks.. its the first time I've reared Muscovy's for meat and am yet to try one! First slaughter will be in 4 weeks.. Will post on my trials and failures ..

Welcome to BYC. In my opinion, muscovies are the best flavored duck. They generally have less fat than the mallard derived breeds but are great for eating. Old drakes on the other hand are good only for dog food.
:gig or a slow cooker!

G’Day from down under ZimDuck81 :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

Back
Top Bottom